Technology has come a long way and if any business wants to make its mark in today’s times, it has to adopt not just one but a variety of technologies. If you’re a business owner, you may be faced with a conundrum when you have to identify the technological needs of your business. We’ll take you through some handy tips that will help you identify and select the right technology for your business.
Identifying the technology your business needs
Long before the implementation of technologies comes their identification. The point of this exercise is to ascertain the technologies that your business needs so that your business can adopt them. After all, you wouldn’t want your business to have technologies it doesn’t need and not have the ones that it can’t function properly without, right? So, here are some tips that will help you identify the technologies your business requires to grow and function well:
- Consult your employees: Your employees are the ones who will need to use the implemented technologies on a day-to-day basis. So it’s vital that you consult them and be open to their opinions on what is to be adopted and what is to be left out. If your employees have past experience in working for other businesses in your niche, they will also be able to tell you the technologies that your competitors use. We recommend not imposing technologies on your employees for the sake of technology advancement. Ultimately, if your employees find the implemented technologies inconvenient, you’ll have to invest again, which can take a toll on your business’ finances.
- Consult your customers: Technologies need to be implemented to efficiently connect your business with its customers. That’s why you must perform a survey to understand what your customers expect from the business. Once you understand their expectations, you can start putting the technologies into place to deliver greater satisfaction to customers.
- Reach out to the experts: For the most well-informed opinion on the technologies that your business can’t do without, it’s important that you get in touch with IT professionals. Professional IT consulting firms are not just adept at implementing technologies – they are also aware of the technological trends at any given moment in time. They’re the best people to consult in terms of adopting new technologies, as they can give you additional details like costs to implement particular technologies and more.
If you are looking to revamp your business through technology advancement but don’t know where to start, contact our team of IT consulting professionals now to see what tech solutions can optimise your business!
3 Considerations for Selecting the Right Technology for Your Business
1. What is my budget for implementing the new tech?
Once you’ve identified the tech needs of your business, it’s time to select the solution. Technology selection depends on a variety of factors, the most important of which are budget, scalability, and security. Let’s start with the budget. It’s the single most important thing that dictates the quality and quantity of technologies that your business can adopt and implement. While a big tech budget is convenient for rapid technology advancement, the truth is that not all businesses can afford to have a big budget for implementing new technologies.
However, you can achieve a lot with an average tech budget as well. It’s all about spending the money smartly. We recommend implementing tech solutions on a project-by-project basis. Many companies are choosing to contract tech positions as it’s a more cost-efficient way to complete tech transformation projects. Using IT consulting firms are a great way for companies to speed up the process, as they can provide advice on the talent you will need, give you a project timeline, and even help find the people.
In the long-term, it is better than implementing cheap technological solutions or permanently hiring people you won’t need in the future. Cheaper technological solutions also typically encounter frequent technical issues, and the worst thing about them is that they aren’t scalable, which brings us to our next factor – scalability.
2. How scalable is the tech if my business needs change?
Scalable technology can be upsized or downsized depending on the needs of the business. Simply put, scalable tech allows businesses to adapt to rapid business growth and higher customer demand. This is where adopting quality technological solutions becomes important. If your tech budget is not very high, it’s better to adopt and implement tech one step at a time. Scalability is arguably the most important factor, as it prevents you from investing in an entirely new set of technologies. This goes back to our point of contacting a professional for consultation, as they can identify tech solutions for your business in the long run.
3. Do I have the right security measures enforced?
Security is also a key aspect of adopting new technologies, especially these days when so much critical business information is digitally stored and accessed. Having the right security measures in place is beneficial for both your business and its customers. On the other hand, if you don’t pay any attention to securing the technologies your business relies on, your business will always be at a high risk of being infiltrated by hackers.
Apart from accessing critical business data, hackers may also steal sensitive information related to your customers. Even if you own a small or mid-sized business and can’t afford the security technologies implemented by big businesses, you should still look for solutions that offer both affordability and effective security against potential breaches.
Have an IT project to deliver? Links Technologies has you covered! Receive end-to-end tech solutions for your IT projects and fuel your company’s digital upgrade. Learn more by contacting us now!
- 4 HR Tech Trends That Are Changing Businesses in H2 2021
- Why HR Technology Can Save Your Business in the ‘Next Crisis’
- What You Need to Know About Data Privacy in Asia Payroll
- The 5 Benefits of Running Cloud-Based Payroll in Asia
- What is Cloud Based Payroll & Why You Should Switch to it
Links International is an industry leader in innovative HR outsourcing with services such as payroll outsourcing, visa application, PEO/EOR Secondment, outplacement, recruitment and more! Contact us for more information on how we can help leverage your HR function.