Improve Your HR Technology with the Distance Business Programme (D-Biz)
Under Hong Kong’s second round of Anti-epidemic funds, one of the stand out measures was the Distance Business Programme (D-Biz). The Innovation and Technology Bureau launched a six-month, HK$ 500 Million scheme to help enterprises adopt IT solutions for developing distance business.
The Covid-19 pandemic has exposed the importance of remote working and good HR systems. The Hong Kong Government has recognized this to provide subsidies for improvement. Enterprises should take this opportunity to fast-track their technology to help streamline their HR system and manage their business. Implement smart HR systems for long-term business growth and success.
What Businesses Need to Know About D-Biz
Application for the Distance Business Programme (D-Biz) begins May 18 2020, and here is what you should know:
– All private enterprises (except listed companies, statutory bodies and NGOs receiving public funds) are eligible for application.
– Eligible enterprises must have a valid Business Registration Certificate, ongoing business commenced before January 1 2020.
– Businesses must also have substantive business operations in the related industry at time of application.
– Each IT solution and the relevant training expenses can receive up to HK$100,000 in funds.
– Enterprises can apply for up to 3 IT solutions.
– The maximum amount one enterprise can receive is HK$300,000.
– Distance business projects must be completed within 6 months.
– After the application has been approved, the enterprise will be disbursed 30% of the funding. Upon completion of the project and supporting documents being approved the remaining fund will be released.
– Application period begins on 18 May 2020 and end 31st October 2020.
– Completed through online application system.
Source: hkpc.org, info.gov.hk
Want to enhance your HR function? Get in touch with our HR representatives to learn more.
Outsourcing Your HR Functions with Links One
Links International offers IT solutions in online/cloud-based human resources management systems. Our system, Links One, provides an all-in-one platform to help streamline your HR functions. Manage your payroll, leave and benefits in multiple countries across Asia all on a single platform. Learn how Link One can make your life easier, here.
Outsourcing your HR is the perfect way for companies to improve the flow of their business and to be more cost-effective. See how Links International’s award-winning outsourcing service can help with your needs.
For application and more information on the Distance Business Programme (D-Biz), please visit hkpc.org.
- When Will HK Employers Receive Their Subsidy Under the Employee Support Scheme?
- Singapore’s COVID-19 Stimulus Payments & HR Cost Cutting Measures
- What is Employer Branding at a Time of Economic Downturn?
- How To Maintain Business Productivity During COVID-19
- Redundancy Laws in Hong Kong – What Employers Need to Know
Links International is an industry leader in innovative HR outsourcing with services such as payroll outsourcing, visa application, Employer of Record (EOR), outplacement, recruitment and more! Contact us for more information on how we can help leverage your HR function.